Sage Intacct Sync - User Guide
This guide will help determine the correct way to set up the sync between your Sage Intacct and CashFlow Complete accounts, and provides important details to know before syncing.
Table of Contents
- Sage Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
- Determining which integration configuration to use
- Decision Tree
- How to set up the account
- Best Practices Overview
This section covers a high-level overview of the following:
- List of objects that sync from CashFlow Complete to Sage Intacct, and vice versa
- Known limitations
Sage Intacct Sync and Known Limitations
|Object||Sage Intacct to CashFlow Complete||CashFlow Complete to Sage Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||Account labels not supported|
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- CashFlow Complete uses default Sage Intacct terminology, so changes to Sage Intacct terms for Department do not sync over to CashFlow Complete (e.g. we always display as "Department" in CashFlow Complete)
- Department Groups do not sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||Yes||- Projects / jobs cannot be created in CashFlow Complete
- Jobs are read-only in CashFlow Complete
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency is not supported. CashFlow Complete supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but it can be changed in Sync Preferences.
- If the Sage Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, transaction currency will need to be set to USD in CashFlow Complete
|Bank Account balance||Yes||No|
|Attachments||No||No||CashFlow Complete does not sync attachments to/from Sage Intacct. Use CashFlow Complete to directly upload attachments. If attachments also need to be in Sage Intacct, upload in Sage Intacct after each transaction has synced.|
|Approvals||No||No||CashFlow Complete doesn't sync approvals to/from Sage Intacct, however, the ability to sync ONLY Approved bills and vendor credits to Sage Intacct is available|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in CashFlow Complete than Sage Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in CashFlow Complete with Sage Intacct.
- If creating two vendors with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to CashFlow Complete; the second one will result in a sync error
- CashFlow Complete uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within CashFlow Complete to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Sage Intacct inactivation. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in CashFlow Complete.
- The sync does not support Sage Intacct deletions. The sync will not delete the Vendor in CashFlow Complete
|AP Funds Transfer||No||Yes||Only one location per CashFlow Complete account is supported for funds transfers|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully-paid bills will not sync from Sage Intacct to CashFlow Complete
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in CashFlow Complete the deletion cannot sync to Sage Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Sage Intacct
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved bills to Sage Intacct is available
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to CashFlow Complete
- Partial payments: Payments cannot be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: If a payment needs to be voided with a specific date, the best practice is to first void in Sage Intacct and then in CashFlow Complete
- The memo field for Offline Payments in CashFlow Complete does not sync to Sage Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Sage Intacct does not allow us to specify which vendor credit was used in CashFlow Complete
- Neither partial nor full vendor credit applications sync from Sage Intacct to CashFlow Complete
- Sage Intacct adjustments do not sync. Negative bills will sync as vendor credits to CashFlow Complete
- The ability to sync ONLY Approved vendor credits is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||N/A||- The original Purchase Orders can not be viewed in CashFlow Complete.
PO's and Receivers can be converted to Bills and Vendors in Sage Intacct. Once converted, the bill will sync into CashFlow Complete. PO Bills can then be approved and paid via CashFlow Complete.
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in CashFlow Complete.
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in CashFlow Complete, or sync errors will occur
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to CashFlow Complete; the second one will result in a sync error
- CashFlow Complete uses the Customer Name for matching, so Names should be unique within CashFlow Complete to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||CashFlow Complete supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||N/A||N/A||Invoices cannot be created in CashFlow Complete if using Advanced Sales Tax. Create invoices in Sage Intacct with Advanced Sales Tax. The sync will bring them to CashFlow Complete for payment.|
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync cannot bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Sage Intacct into CashFlow Complete. These fields are not exposed in the Sage Intacct API.
- The Order Entry module must be enabled in Sage Intacct for items to sync
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct do not sync to CashFlow Complete
- Payments cannot be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced, and are then voided, will generate a sync error, instructing the user to manually void in Sage Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment is not available in the Sage Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos need to be manually applied in both CashFlow Complete and Sage Intacct|
|AR Funds Transfer||No||Yes|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes|
|Sales Order||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||N/A||- SO's cannot be viewed in CashFlow Complete
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in CashFlow Complete, or sync errors will occur.
Determining which integration configuration to use
How to set up the account
Recommended configurations for the best sync experience
Multi-Entity account syncs must follow Sage Intacct's existing Top/Entity logic. For example, if you are syncing at the Top Level and create a Vendor, the Vendor will be managed at the Top Level, and cannot be edited at the Entity Level.
Single-Entity accounts have no permission-level issues.
Below is a table with all the configurations we support. They vary based on the complexity of the configuration.
|Configuration||A: Single CashFlow Complete syncing to Single-Entity Sage Intacct||B: Multiple CashFlow Complete accounts syncing to Single-Entity Sage Intacct||C: Single CashFlow Complete syncing to the Top level of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||D: Multiple CashFlow Complete accounts syncing to the Top level of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||E: Single CashFlow Complete syncing to one Entity of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct||F: Multiple CashFlow Complete accounts syncing to multiple Entities of a Multi-Entity Sage Intacct|
|Expected Limitations||-||Purchase Orders aren't supported with this configuration||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to CashFlow Complete||Objects created at Entity level won't sync to CashFlow Complete
Purchase Orders aren't supported with this configuration
|Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in CashFlow Complete won't sync to Sage Intacct)||Objects created at the Top level can't be edited via the sync (i.e. updates in CashFlow Complete won't sync to Sage Intacct)|
|Notes||-||- Be sure to select Enable 1-Way transactions sync when you connect your sync.  - Lists will shared amongst each CashFlow Complete account||All transactions must be coded to Locations/ Entities||- Be sure to select Enable 1-Way transactions sync when you connect your sync.  - Lists will shared amongst each CashFlow Complete account||-||-|
|Supports Inter-Entity Transfers: Due To/Due From||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Requires Entity ID to be entered in Login Info in CashFlow Complete||N/A||N/A||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Where is the CashFlow Complete Clearing Account/Funds Transfer bank account set up and owned?||Standard Level||Standard Level||Top Level||Top Level||Entity Level||Entity Level|
|Which sync setup guide should be used?||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Standard Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide||Multi-Entity Guide|
 The sync will be limited to syncing transactions one way, from CashFlow Complete to Sage Intacct. Syncing transactions from Sage Intacct to CashFlow Complete isn't supported in this configuration.
Best Practices Overview
- Close date
- When syncing with Sage Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), best practice is to manually set the Books Closed Date, as only the most recent close date from any entity will sync to CashFlow Complete, possibly preventing transactions from another entity from syncing, even if the period is not closed for that particular entity.
- Chart of Accounts
- To make a Chart of Account type Bank or Credit Card in CashFlow Complete, create a bank account or charge account in Sage Intacct, and associate it to the corresponding Chart of Account.
- Vendor 1099
- CashFlow Complete tracks whether vendors are 1099 or not. CashFlow Complete doesn't contain information about the 1099 box or type. Therefore, 1099 vendors created in CashFlow Complete are synced to Sage Intacct as form1099type=MISC and form1099box=7. If this default value is not what you need for your 1099 vendors, you should always create your 1099 vendors in Sage Intacct so you can select the correct form type / box.
- 1099 Line Items
- CashFlow Complete doesn't support selecting the form1099 per bill line item. Instead, you need to set the field 1099 Category on the chart of account(s) used on bills line item to any value other than "None" so they will sync as form1099=true to Sage Intacct.
- Only unpaid bills sync from Sage Intacct into CashFlow Complete, so you should always initiate payments in CashFlow Complete. On the CashFlow Complete Pay page you can pay via CashFlow Complete (check or ACH), select to print check in Sage Intacct, or record payment made outside of CashFlow Complete. The sync will send the related payment or check to be printed in Sage Intacct.
- We can't update paid bills in Sage Intacct. If you plan to re-classify bills in CashFlow Complete after they are paid, you need to enable Re-classify transactions in your Sage Intacct configuration to avoid sync errors.
- Any POs in Sage Intacct will sync to CashFlow Complete once they are converted to unpaid bills. Once they sync, they are ready to be approved and paid.
- In order for bills to sync seamlessly into Sage Intacct, you’ll need to disable approval in Sage Intacct. This option is found under Accounts Payable > Configure Accounts Payable > Payment Approval Settings section. You’ll need to uncheck the “Disable Approval” option. If you choose to have this option unchecked, you’ll need to approve all bills for payments to be recorded.
- Vendor Credits
- Only unpaid vendor credits sync from Sage Intacct, so you should apply vendor credits in CashFlow Complete. When you make a payment with the vendor credit, we will sync it to Sage Intacct where it gets automatically applied, based on the oldest available vendor credit. If you didn’t use the oldest available vendor credit when applying in CashFlow Complete, you will need to manually update, in Sage Intacct, which vendor credit was applied.
- Vendor Credits can sync to CashFlow Complete but the application of the vendor credit is not supported. You will need to apply the vendor credit manually in CashFlow Complete.
- Sage Intacct adjustments don't sync. Negative bills do sync as vendor credits to BDC.
- Credit Memos
- Currently, Credit Memos don't sync to/from Sage Intacct. They need to be manually applied in both CashFlow Complete and Sage Intacct.
- Bills/Invoices using Items
- Always code the bill/invoice with an Account. The integration doesn’t sync the Account associated to the Item.
- Sage Intacct sync - Standard setup guide
- Sage Intacct sync - Multi-entity sync setup guide
- Sync only Approved Bills and Vendor Credits
- Sage Intacct Sync - Purchase Order number limitation
- Sage Intacct Sync Guide: Install the Customization Package in Sage Intacct
- Sage Intacct Sync Guide: Create a Sync User in Intacct
- Sage Intacct Sync Guide: Create a Clearing Account in Intacct
NetSuite / Intacct / Xero
Import / Export View all